Information SnapMc 2.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Plutoren, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Plutoren

Plutoren Owner
    Staff Member Owner

The Professional Update
    We are very proud of all the recent achievements SnapMc has accomplished and wanted to explain some of the work that has happened recently that you may or may not have noticed.

Forums Remade:
    Recently we hired a real forums developer
    DoubleThePyscho who has made some awesome improvements to our forums as you can see. Besides the beautiful new theme, here are some other new features: You can now set the theme of your page to light or dark. You can add ratings (emojis) to any post or comment. You can toggle a wide page to hide the background. You can get the Server Discord right from the navigation bar. You can open the server store right from the navigation bar. You can use the url snapmc.com to reach the forums. Emailing actually works fully so you will get email updates when someone replies to your thread or mentions you etc. You can also disable email notifications easily. If you are a new user without an account, you will see the server IP and it's players in an easy-to-copy-and-paste form right at the top of the page. You will now see staff tags on staff, and a tag for the date of the post. Also we have more tags such as pending, accepted, denied for applications. There is also lots of back-end stuff that has made our forums even safer and faster than before! We hope you enjoy the new forums, and please thank Double for all the work he has done to make this possible.

New Spawn:
    We have a beautiful new Spawn that is a lot like a server hub. Everything is much more organized and easy to find, especially for new users who once had trouble finding all the cool features on snap.

Siege World:
    This is our latest project, the Siege World is a bit complicated but certainly a lot of fun. The Siege World is a lot like a Factions map built right into the Snap universe. You can get to the Siege world with /warp siege. Your goal is to collect cards and horde them to get the best prizes. You get "Credit Cards" from killing mobs, hostile mobs have the best chance of dropping cards. You'll get a random card with a specific number of credits from mobs. There are also player cards which you get whenever you kill a player in pvp. Soon you will be able to cash in your credits with a command that has yet to be made called /sellcards. This will be a menu that lets you sell your credits and player cards for prizes such as keys. For example, maybe you run the command and one of the options is "Get a Legendary Key for 10,000 credits + 2 Player Cards" and if you choose this it will remove 10,000 credits worth of cards and 2 player cards from your inventory and give you Legendary Key.

Collecting cards is very competitive because you are forced to store cards in the Siege World where griefing is very possible. You can steal cards from other players by killing them, or getting to their chests. There are no permissions on chests if you left click them! So make sure to build strong bases to protect your cards.

You can /siege (playername) if a player is in their claim and you wish to raid them. Once a siege starts, neither player can build or do much anything until one person has died or run away. If you successfully defeat the player you are besieging, then all of their doors and buttons will become available to you for 5 minutes, meaning you can break into their house and steal their loot! You cannot siege an offline player, or a player who is not in their claim. Anyone can help you win a siege.

You cannot teleport in the Siege World if you are carrying cards, if you find a way to smuggle credit cards out of the Siege World, make sure to tell the staff team right away.

It's Almost Christmas!
    We have lots of fun events already in the /Christmas menu but we will also be bringing some more fun to the server as we approach Christmas. These events will sometimes happen randomly such as drop parties, so make sure you're online as much as possible as we get closer to Christmas for maximum free stuff.

We will also be doing rank giveaways and more on our Discord (click here), on our Twitter (click here), and even our forums.

To start things off...

Reply to this forums post with your username to be entered to win a Free Ultimate rank!
    Or 20 mil cash for current Ultimate ranks.

Format:

Username: (name)
    What I want for Christmas is: (???)

New Hosts:
    Our Server now runs on a new and even stronger host, after our old host got hacked a few weeks ago, we were able to get the server up and running on a new host that very same night with a backup from that very same day, causing little to no interruption in game play.
    Also, we have moved our forums to a new host, one that won't be going down or being hacked any time soon!
    These new hosts are certainly more expensive but we are dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible, at any costs!

Thank You!
    We could not have gotten this far without you guys. It is 100% true that every single dollar the server has ever made has been re-invested into the server's development and growth. We love that you guys have helped us get this far and appreciate your continued support. With your support we can continue to grow Snap and reach an even larger audience in 2018. We have gotten over 100 joins a day on average every day since our opening. Having already reached over 12,000 unique joins you've made Snap one of the fastest growing servers out there, and for that we thank you.

Have Fun and Enjoy SnapMc!

P.S. We have even more projects in the works for 2018. HYPE

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gren

Gren Hero
    Hero

GlxUp
    Hero
    IGN:GlxUp
    What I want for christmas: a life xd

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrSquiddles

MrSquiddles Ultimate
    Ultimate Hero Pro

Squiddlez
    Ultimate
    First off I would like to give a big thank you to the staff team for updating the server and pushing out bug fix after bug fix. Pluto says that it's the players that have helped the server to grow, but I think it's really him and the staff team. Without them, Snap wouldn't be possible.
    With love,
    OceanLyfe

Ign: OceanLyfe
    What I want for Christmas: Everyone to be happy daily, because everyone deserves to be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lalice

Lalice Member

Whats up?

sexy forums =o

• Like Like x 1
  5. fr3t_

fr3t_ Member

Username: fr3t_
    What I want for Christmas is: For high school to end already ;)

6. Sortmuffe

Sortmuffe Member

Username: Sortmuffe
    What i want for Christmas: I want to be with my family for the first year in my life, and just have fun with them.

7. Domino

Domino Member

Username: ThatDominoIng
    What I want for Christmas: a printer xd

8. DoubleThePsycho

DoubleThePsycho Developer
    Developer

DoubleThePsycho
    Developer
    Username: DoubleThePsycho
    What I want for Christmas: Will to live.
    (IDK whats going on, I'm just doing like the others.)

9. Ellie

Ellie Member

Username: _Raiinbow
    What I Want For Christmas: I don't celebrate it, but I mean I wish world poverty came to an end.

10. Razer

Razer Member

Username : Hades

What I Want For Christmas : I want a new gaming pc, so I can upload youtube videos to the public for a living.

11. Domino

Domino Member

wait wat u dont selebrate christmas cffffffddd

12. Mr_DagALkeef_B7

The new updates are amazing. Thank you
    @DoubleThePsycho to everything you've done on the SnapMC network and the forums. Much appreciated. <3

IGN: Mr_DagALkeef_B7
    What I Want For Christmas: I hope everyone be happy and enjoying their time on Christmas.

Merry Christmas. <3

13. DeltaGaming29

DeltaGaming29 Member

thx for unban and thx for the christmas update!
    Have not tried out siege yet, but sounds fun and challenging
    btw is is oceanlyfe still the top player?
    Happy Holidays
    -Delta

14. DeltaGaming29

DeltaGaming29 Member

same

15. DeltaGaming29

DeltaGaming29 Member

Username:DeltaGaming29
    I want to be able to celebrate Christmas after one of my ducks died to a hawk RIP:ENTA ;(
    All i want for christmas is to be able to play SnapMC, the Best Servr Ever

16. MrSquiddles

MrSquiddles Ultimate
    Ultimate Hero Pro

Squiddlez
    Ultimate
    Username: DeltaGaming29*
    Rip duck 2k17.
    Note: This is not a second submission to the giveaway, I am merely typing his IGN correctly so staff will know if he wins.

17. Ellie

Ellie Member

Nope, I celebrate Hanukkah

18. xILe0n

xILe0n Helper
    Helper Hero

xILe0n
    Helper
    Username: xILe0n

What I Want For Christmas: Brendon Urie.

19. Eric_lolz

Eric_lolz Member

Username: Eric_lolz
    What I want for Christmas is: New Gaming PC

20. Phosnerd

Phosnerd Member

Username: Vividry
    What I want for Christmas is: santa's candycane